Your challenge is to choose an object or landmark that interests you and recreate it in Minecraft! This is a great opportunity to learn about your subject and how it’s designed and structured.
- Choose a landmark to build.
- Examples: One of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, a real-life castle, a famous statue
- It can be real or fictional, as long as you can find pictures of it
- Find pictures of it to use as a reference
- Get multiple images from different angles
- Could you find a 3D model of it or locate it on Google maps?
- Get measurements
- Consider forming a team? Ask in server chat or on the forums.
Grab a team
- Find a build site. Consider building it in the landmarks valley
- Decide on materials and, if in survival, collect them
- Figure out the scale of your project. How big is a Minecraft block on your reference images? Are you building it life-size or are you making a smaller version?
- Get to building! Try to “sketch” first, then fill in details later.
- Label your build with all teammates’ names
- Need help?
- See if any fellow campers can answer your questions or give you a hand
- Ask campers and counselors for feedback on your build
When done, submit by either:
Taking your own screenshots and posting them to http://connectedcamps.tumblr.com. Try to get a screenshot from the same angle as one of your images and post them side-by-side.
Make a video tour and post it to YouTube and submit to http://connectedcamps.tumblr.com